The Founding Chapter of the National Association of Career Women annually awards scholarships to women who are working toward the academic portion of either a new career or to further their current career. The scholarship program was established in honor of one of the NACW’s founders, Harriett E. Pincumbe, who died after founding NACW with Priscilla Petersen and Sandra Frauenheim.
This year $2,500 in scholarship funds will be awarded. The scholarship(s) will be formally presented to the recipient(s) on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at the NACW luncheon. The funds for selected recipient(s) will be sent directly to their educational institution to be credited to the recipient’s account. Scholarship funds remaining after the recipient has completed required courses will be returned to NACW.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MAY 22, 2017. Availability for a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee may be required. All applicants will be notified if they have or have not been selected for the scholarship by June 30, 2017.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be a scholarship recipient. The Scholarship Committee will use these criteria when they review your materials.
· A women resident of Eaton, Ingham or Clinton County
· Enrolled in or eligible to enroll in an accredited institution pursuing an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or certificate-based program
· Employed, interning, volunteering, or serving in other activities
· Experiencing financial need (please describe your need in your personal letter)
· Has experienced at least 1 year of interruption in their academic career
· Cover Sheet: every space should be filled in
· Personal Letter: Tell us about yourself personally and professionally. How would you benefit from the scholarship? What are your goals? How was your academic career interrupted, and why did you decide to go back to school? Why should you be selected to receive the scholarship?
· Letter of Recommendation: On business letterhead from someone not in your family but who knows you well enough to write about you as a person and as a student
· Additional References: Provide names and contact information of up to two additional references (not family members) on the coversheet
· Signature of applicant: Please sign and print completed application
Download the application form here.
Complete application packet (cover sheet, personal letter, letter(s) of recommendation) must be POSTMARKED by May 22, 2017. Mail to: NACW Scholarship, P.O. Box 27203, Lansing, MI 48909.